At Cardinal Newman Catholic School, we believe that every child should thrive and succeed.
Whatever their background, however many challenges they have already/continue to face in life we are wholeheartedly committed to doing all that we reasonably can to ensure that they leave us in year 11 as successful and well-rounded students. We recognise that some students will, sometimes because of their background/life experience and/or needs require additional support and guidance to realise their full potential.
To find out more about how we support Pupil Premium students please click on the links below:
Free School Meals
From 6 April 2011, children whose parents receive one of the following benefits will be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IR ESA) (this benefit was introduced 27 October 2008)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs). Note – from 1 May 2009, where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
To apply for Free School Meals please click on the link below:
How to Apply for Free School Meals