At Cardinal Newman Catholic School, we believe that every child should thrive and succeed.
Whatever their background, however many challenges they have already/continue to face in life we are wholeheartedly committed to doing all that we reasonably can to ensure that they leave us in year 11 as successful and well-rounded students. We recognise that some students will, sometimes because of their background/life experience and/or needs require additional support and guidance to realise their full potential.
To find out more about how we support Pupil Premium students please click on the links below:
Free School Meals
From 6 April 2011, children whose parents receive one of the following benefits will be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IR ESA) (this benefit was introduced 27 October 2008)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs). Note – from 1 May 2009, where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Note: If you were previously not eligible for Free School Meals due to working tax credit but are now in receipt of Universal Credit please apply so that eligibility can be confirmed as soon as possible.
To apply for Free School Meals please click on the link below:
How to Apply for Free School Meals