At Cardinal Newman Catholic School, we believe that every child should thrive and succeed.
Whatever their background, however many challenges they have already/continue to face in life we are wholeheartedly committed to doing all that we reasonably can to ensure that they leave us in year 11 as successful and well-rounded students. We recognise that some students will, sometimes because of their background/life experience and/or needs require additional support and guidance to realise their full potential.
To find out more about how we support Pupil Premium students please click on the links below:
Free School Meals – is your child eligible?
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit – if you apply on or after the 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 per year
Children, who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, may also get free school meals.
Please note: If you are in receipt of any Working Tax Credit you will not be eligible to apply for Free School Meals
For more information and to apply for Free School Meals please click here: How to Apply for Free School Meals