Catering services here at Cardinal Newman Catholic School are provided by Chartwells, a leading provider of catering and support services within education.
Food served conforms to government guidelines ensuring the provision of healthy, nutritional foods within a realistic tariff.
We serve a wide choice of food and beverages allowing students to benefit from a positive nutritional balance supporting a Healthy Lifestyle and meals are served that reflect the cultural, medical and dietary needs of our students.
In light of concerns about student health & good nutrition, Chartwells has developed its unique ‘Eat, Learn, Live’ brand concept focused on these 3 key areas:
- Eat – a commitment to delight students with great food that contributes to their wellbeing.
- Learn – a commitment to enhancing the understanding fun and experience of customers and creating the knowledge needed to live a healthy life.
- Live – a commitment to a safe and sustainable environment supporting the health and well being of our customers and the wider community.
Whole School from 08:00am to 08:30am
During the breakfast service we provide a choice of cereals, hot toast with spreads, fresh fruit and healthy chilled drinks
Years 7 and 9 – 10:40am to 11:10am
Years 8, 10 and 11 – 11:10am to 11:40am
During the morning we provide a selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, rolls & baguettes in addition to a wide selection of healthy chilled drinks
Whole School from 1:30pm to 2:00pm
Traditional main meals, Indian, Chinese and popular roasts are regularly featured on our menus, as well as new choices such as ‘Trattoria Pizza’ & ‘Pasta King’. Freshly baked jacket potatoes with varied fillings and home cooked desserts are served daily. Or choose from our cold selection or ‘Grab and Go’ range
Please click here to view our Current Menu
Please click here to download the ‘Smart Card Application Form’
Please click here for information on how our Smart Cards work
Please click here for a Special Diet Recipe Book
Free School Meals
From 6 April 2011, children whose parents receive one of the following benefits will be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IR ESA) (this benefit was introduced 27 October 2008)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs). Note – from 1 May 2009, where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Note: If you were previously not eligible for Free School Meals due to working tax credit but are now in receipt of Universal Credit please apply so that eligibility can be confirmed as soon as possible.
To apply for Free School Meals please click on the link below:
How to Apply for Free School Meals