As our Year 11 students approach the public exam season we know that parents and carers are keen to understand how to best support their child with revision, especially as significant curriculum change poses additional challenges for our students.
Therefore, you are invited to attend a Science and Religious Studies GCSE joint ‘Exam Revision and Support Evening’ for both parents/carers of Key Stage 4 students on:
- Tuesday 6th February 2018, 5.00-6.30pm in Newman College Lecture Theatre
The evening is aimed at parents of year 10 and 11 students, and is suitable for students taking either the ‘Trilogy’ or triple science routes.
During the evening we will cover:
- What the new examinations will look like
- How to answer different styles of exam question
- How to revise for each subject
- Revision materials and where to get support including how to use firefly
- How to support students on Foundation and Higher papers (Science)
Towards the end of the evening there will be an opportunity to speak with members of the Science and Religious Studies teams if there are any specific questions.