Fri, 18 Nov|
Skills Builder Employer Q&A
Students will have the opportunity to engage with a range of employers and discover how they use the 8 essential skills in their workplace.
Time & Location
18 Nov 2022, 10:30 – 11:30
Hove, The Upper Dr, Hove BN3 6ND, UK
About the event
The session will be facilitated by Skills Builder.
• You will meet a handful of volunteers from a range of businesses.
Looking at 8 essential employability skills and why they are important in the workplace.
This will be held in BH2 (in BEACH) and as it runs over break, you will be given an earlier breaktime.
Please prepare some questions for the event, here are some examples:
○ What is your job? Where do you work?
○ How do you use teamwork skills?
○ Which essential skill is really important in your organisation?
○ What did you study to get this job?
Event schedule below:
5 minutes Skills Builder say hello and introduce the employee volunteers
10 minutes Employee volunteers say hello and introduce themselves
30 minutes Skills Builder facilitate Q&A with students and employee volunteers
5 minutes Reflections
Please book via this event page as spaces are limited!